Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
langset langset is offline

Default Which font includes the "not equal to" sign

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Any font that includes Unicode characters. In recent versions of Word, you
can type 2260 and then press Alt+X to insert the Not Equal To sign.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you mean the Unicode "NO EQUAL TO" sign - like an = with a /
superimposed (you may not be able to see this: ‰*), it has hex code 2260
and is available in e.g. modern versions of Arial, Times new Roman and
so on.

If you mean the workarounds typically used in programming languages,
e.g. or !=, they are usually composed of the two separate characters,
i.e. and or ! and =. (I don't know if there is a single Unicode
character for either of those two.)

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk