Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AMac AMac is offline

Default Hide _file extensions

When I started using Microsoft Office Word 2007, I noticed that when I go to
open a file from any folder, all file folders are shown, even the formatting
files. I've tried managing the view options to hide but I still see the
unwanted extensions. How do I hide them?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you mean that you see files with extensions designating file types
that you don't want to bother with while working in Word, or do you
mean that you don't want to see the file extensions at all?