Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MossyRock MossyRock is offline

Default Word 2007 sometimes fail to collate

I'm supporting a machine that has a vexing issue - sometimes Word 2007 won't
collate a document on priting even if the option is checked. The printer is
an HP Laserjet 1200 with a parallel interface.

The collate function just starts working again on its own at some point.

Since collating is not a printer function - it is the way Word sends the
data out - I'm thinking that it is not the printer. However, the user
reported that it seems like it happens more after a power failure, but I
can't verify that.

I'm considering checking/updating the printer drivers but I'd like to avoid
introducing another variable or problem if it clearly isn't related to the
drivers.

Any thoughts?