Track changes, Word 2007, same color even with different authors

Old May 21st 09, 02:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
njlopez

Default Track changes, Word 2007, same color even with different authors

It seems I am overlooking a setting whereby track changes by different
individuals will show in different colors. Right now, everyone shows as
"author" and we are all the same color track changes. How can I change this
so that we all have a different color? On the Track Changes Option, I have
color selected "By Author" yet we are all the same.
--
njlopez
Old May 21st 09, 03:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 20 May 2009 18:56:02 -0700, njlopez
wrote:

It seems I am overlooking a setting whereby track changes by different
individuals will show in different colors. Right now, everyone shows as
"author" and we are all the same color track changes. How can I change this
so that we all have a different color? On the Track Changes Option, I have
color selected "By Author" yet we are all the same.

It sounds like someone in your chain of authors has used the Document Inspector
(Office button Prepare Inspect Document) and removed personal information.
The symptom you mention is one of the side effects.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Old July 29th 10, 01:59 PM
bentley.t1 bentley.t1 is offline

Any way to 'undo' this? I have done the document inspector thing to anonymise tracked changes to date, but now want to attribute further changes to authors.