#1   Report Post  

Default Converting between templates

Hello All,

I have run into a huge problem. I currently possess 534 documents that all follow the same template, but are not all identical. They have to be converted to a new, updated template, and the only way I know how to do it is to copy and paste, which will take months.
I am wondering if there is a way to automatically convert these documents. I have tried using the "record a macro" function and can't seem to quite figure it out. The problem I'm running into with that is that it selects a specific number of lines to move to the other format, and not all the documents are the same number of lines like that. I need to have it based on a specific word, like a parser, so that when it reads that word, it gathers the information from an area and puts it in the field in the other blank template.
For example: If it reads the word "Summary" it should read the paragraph that is the summary, then put the "summary" into the new, blank template under the pre-existing header "Summary"

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Bomber