Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dr. Patricia Ross Dr. Patricia Ross is offline

Default my files got reorderd Z to A. How do I flip them A to Z again.

All of a sudden the order of my files in my folders flipped. The folders used
to be listed first, then the documents in that folder. They also used to be
listed A to Z. Now they are Z to a. I want to flip them back to their
original order.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Switch to Details view in the Open/Save dialog and click on the Name
heading.

http://word.mvps.org

"Dr. Patricia Ross" Dr. Patricia wrote in
message news
All of a sudden the order of my files in my folders flipped. The folders
used
to be listed first, then the documents in that folder. They also used to
be
listed A to Z. Now they are Z to a. I want to flip them back to their
original order.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In any of the dialog that list files, right-click a blank area of the file
list. Choose "Arrange icons by". When the submenu appears, click "Name".
Each time you click that, it will reverse the sort order.

If the dialog's view is set to "Details", you can do the same thing by
left-clicking the Name column heading.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Dr. Patricia Ross wrote:
All of a sudden the order of my files in my folders flipped. The
folders used to be listed first, then the documents in that folder.
They also used to be listed A to Z. Now they are Z to a. I want to
flip them back to their original order.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I could have sworn that using Arrange Icons By Name only switched them to
A-Z and wasn't a toggle, but testing it today, I find that it behaves as you
describe. I wonder why this never worked for me before!

http://word.mvps.org

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
In any of the dialog that list files, right-click a blank area of the file
list. Choose "Arrange icons by". When the submenu appears, click "Name".
Each time you click that, it will reverse the sort order.

If the dialog's view is set to "Details", you can do the same thing by
left-clicking the Name column heading.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Dr. Patricia Ross wrote:
All of a sudden the order of my files in my folders flipped. The
folders used to be listed first, then the documents in that folder.
They also used to be listed A to Z. Now they are Z to a. I want to
flip them back to their original order.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Gremlins. They're everywhere! g

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I could have sworn that using Arrange Icons By Name only switched
them to A-Z and wasn't a toggle, but testing it today, I find that it
behaves as you describe. I wonder why this never worked for me before!

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
In any of the dialog that list files, right-click a blank area of
the file list. Choose "Arrange icons by". When the submenu appears,
click "Name". Each time you click that, it will reverse the sort
order. If the dialog's view is set to "Details", you can do the same
thing
by left-clicking the Name column heading.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Dr. Patricia Ross wrote:
All of a sudden the order of my files in my folders flipped. The
folders used to be listed first, then the documents in that folder.
They also used to be listed A to Z. Now they are Z to a. I want to
flip them back to their original order.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Dr. Patricia Ross wrote:
All of a sudden the order of my files in my folders flipped. The
folders used to be listed first, then the documents in that folder.
They also used to be listed A to Z. Now they are Z to a. I want to
flip them back to their original order.

flip a textbox upside down using "draw" - "flip" greyed out??? jog Page Layout 10 April 8th 09 05:39 PM
FLIP A LETTER AC Microsoft Word Help 2 January 12th 08 10:32 PM
How do I 'flip' a table? juliasl0 Microsoft Word Help 2 September 27th 06 02:40 PM
flip text Sarah Microsoft Word Help 1 April 26th 06 07:33 PM
How do I flip a document josie Microsoft Word Help 1 October 6th 05 06:43 PM