Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary ann Mary ann is offline

Default I want to lock an electronic worksheet with text form fields?

I made a lot of electronic worksheets for my students to retrieve from our
student shares folder and put them in their own folders and answer the
questions in text form fields. I was able to lock them easily in older office
version. I can't seem to find it on the newer Office.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:11:01 -0800, Mary Ann Mary
wrote:

I made a lot of electronic worksheets for my students to retrieve from our
student shares folder and put them in their own folders and answer the
questions in text form fields. I was able to lock them easily in older office
version. I can't seem to find it on the newer Office.

In Word 2007, go to Office button Word Options Customize. Set the
category to All Commands. Scroll down the list and click the Lock
command, then click the Add button in the middle of the dialog, and
click OK.

This adds the Lock button to the Quick Access Toolbar, and it will
turn forms protection on and off with one click.

There's a longer path that doesn't involve customizing the Quick
Access Toolbar: Go to the Review tab of the ribbon and click the
Protect Document button. Check the box under Editing Restrictions, and
then choose "Filling in forms" from the dropdown under it. Click the
Start Enforcing Protection button, and click OK in the password
prompt. By my count, that's seven clicks instead of one every time you
want to protect a form... ouch.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman