Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tallowood Tallowood is offline

Default Cross Refernce: "Insert reference to" attribute

When selecting different types of cross references, the "Insert Reference
Type" always goes to "Entire Caption" for Tables and figures. I alway use
"Only Lable and Number". Is there any way of setting this as an option to
come up by default.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

I asked the same question a few months ago and got the following macros,
courtesy of Macropod (Word MVP).

Sub InsertFigureXRef()
Dim I As Integer
With Dialogs(wdDialogInsertCrossReference)
For I = 1 To 8
SendKeys "{DOWN}"
Next
SendKeys "{UP}{TAB}:"
For I = 1 To 5
SendKeys "{UP}"
Next
SendKeys "{DOWN}{TAB}{TAB} %v": .Show
End With
End Sub

Sub InsertTableXRef()
Dim I As Integer
With Dialogs(wdDialogInsertCrossReference)
For I = 1 To 8
SendKeys "{DOWN}"
Next
SendKeys "{TAB}:"
For I = 1 To 5
SendKeys "{UP}"
Next
SendKeys "{DOWN}{TAB}{TAB} %v": .Show
End With
End Sub

These two macros I have attached to two icons I have designed but you can
assign a keyboard short cut or just add them to a menu somewhere.

Hope this helps
DeanH