Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wilson Wilson is offline

Default Disappearing AutoTextList Items

I recently upgraded from Word 2003 to 2007. Using Word 2003 I used
AutoTextList to create drop down lists. After the upgrade to 2007 I found
that new additions to my AutoTextList appear in the document along with my
old items but are only the old items show up in the drop down list in new
documents even though it was saved. Below is what I have been doing:

My process for adding items to the drop down list:
I select the style I want from the style window
I create a blank line
I type the new text I want to add to the drop down
I highlight the words but not the paragraph marker
I press Alt + F3 and answer Yes to the Create New Building Block dialogue box
When I test the drop down the new text has been added
I save and close the document
I answer Yes to the dialog box that states I have modified the style €“ do I
want to save changes to Building Blocks
When I reopen the document the old items in the drop down list are there but
the new additions are not.

The only way I have found to make the new additions reappear is to select
anything on the page, press Alt F3, select cancel, go back to my dropdowns
and the new and old items are there.