Numbering figures - caption problem

Old April 17th 12, 12:53 PM
arndis arndis is offline

Default Numbering figures - caption problem

HI.

I am working with a Microsoft word for mac 2011, version 14.0.0.

I am trygin to add captions with numbering to my figures.
I can add captions to figures 1 and 2 and get the right numbers but when I try numbering figure 3 it always says figure 2. So every figur after number 2 is number 2.

Can somebody help me ?

Best regards
Old September 26th 12, 12:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I am having the same problem with numbering too. But in my case it has stopped at 8 rather than 2. I figured out that in case you used more than one figure in a page and most certainly placed beside each other, so the MS word will get confused numbering them and to which to give number 8 and which to be numbered 9 (in your case 2 and 3) that's why they should be some how separated if you intend to caption them in same level or to put one over the other.
Old September 28th 12, 11:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

If you are adding captions to objects whose Text Wrapping is *not* "In line with
text," note that the captions end up in text boxes, and the numbering will
depend on the relative positions of the text box *anchors* in the text.

To see the anchor (when an object is selected), select that option in the Word
Options dialog box (File tab | Options | Advanced if you are using Word 2010).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP