Michael D. Michael D. is offline
Junior Member

Default A cross reference problem

First post here, so hello to all forum members from NJ.

Something vexing me on a large user guide project. I'm using small text boxes as callouts throughout for tips, best practice suggestions. Many of these callout boxes have cross reference links to numbered sections, subsections.

The problem is, Word inserts an "A" before every such header number link. Only in these little callout boxes. In other text, a reference might look like this:

See Section 8.4.2.1 on page 234

in the callout, that reference is:

See Section A8.4.2.1 on page 234

I can manually remove the A, but it returns on updating fields. Thanks in advance for your help.
Michael D.