How do I merge columns without merging rows?

Old February 16th 06, 11:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default How do I merge columns without merging rows?

I have text data in part of a Word table consisting of two columns and about
100 rows. I would like to merge the information in each row into one cell,
yet keep each separate from the rows below. If I select both columns and
then Merge Cells it just goes into one big cell. Do I have to merge each
cell pair individually, or is there an easier way?
Old February 17th 06, 12:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

This is annoying, isn't it? Earlier versions of Word were smarter about
this. Luckily, there is still a way to do it. Although I'm not a big fan of
the table drawing tools (on the Tables and Borders toolbar), this is one
good use of the Eraser tool. If you erase the column border with the Eraser,
it merges each pair of cells just as you would expect.

Old August 5th 22, 07:46 PM
funfunfan funfunfan is offline

Could you please share your macro?
I'd rather not use the toolbar.