Leon-K

Default How can I get an easy way to cycle through textboxes?

I am making a form on Word 2003 which uses a combination of textboxes,
tickboxes, option buttons and drop-down menus.
What I have noticed is that when filling out the form, you have to manually
click with the mouse on each box, rather than just pressing tab or enter to
go to the next one. This is obviously very time consuming.
Is there a function or property I can change to acheive this? Please note
that these forms will be saved as a Word 97-2002 file, so it can't have any
macros in it.

thanks

Leon
Anne Troy

Leon: I suspect you used the Control Toolbox objects OR you didn't protect
your form. Here's the "proper" way to create a "fill-in" form in Word:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Leon-K" wrote in message
I am making a form on Word 2003 which uses a combination of textboxes,
tickboxes, option buttons and drop-down menus.
What I have noticed is that when filling out the form, you have to
manually
click with the mouse on each box, rather than just pressing tab or enter
go to the next one. This is obviously very time consuming.
Is there a function or property I can change to acheive this? Please note
that these forms will be saved as a Word 97-2002 file, so it can't have
any
macros in it.

thanks

Leon

Leon-k

Thanks Anne,

However, I cannot use the form toolbar as there doesn't seem to be a
function which freezes the size of a textbox. Although you can limit
characters, if someone presses enter inside the box, it will start a new line.
With the texboxes on the controol toolbox you can stop this from happening.

Is there a solution to have these type of textboxes, as well as textboxes
you can cycle through with tab?

thanks again
Leon

"Leon-K" wrote in message
I am making a form on Word 2003 which uses a combination of textboxes,
tickboxes, option buttons and drop-down menus.
What I have noticed is that when filling out the form, you have to
manually
click with the mouse on each box, rather than just pressing tab or enter
go to the next one. This is obviously very time consuming.
Is there a function or property I can change to acheive this? Please note
that these forms will be saved as a Word 97-2002 file, so it can't have
any
macros in it.

thanks

Leon

Anne Troy

We all deal with this issue. What we do is insert the text form field into a
table cell that has an exact row height set.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

Options - textbox Luc New Users 2 July 27th 05 07:07 PM
imbedded textbox Planstaff3 Microsoft Word Help 2 July 18th 05 08:05 PM
i need a simple but easy "chore" list for family carrie New Users 6 June 22nd 05 11:33 PM
textbox to normal text Jack Sons New Users 16 December 5th 04 03:44 PM