How do I decrease the size of the footnote area in Word?

Old September 22nd 05, 08:51 PM
Tracey L

I had the same problem with blank lines above the footnote. Cured it by:
Click Normal on the View menu. Click ViewFootnotes. In the Footnote
pane, click "Footnote Separator". Then pressing 'Reset'

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

FWIW = for what it's worth

"Pistaccio" wrote in message
Hello Suzanne,

I hadn't pasted anything into the footer. The only thing I had put in it

was
the page number but using the insert page number thing from the menu.

And no, the entire thread was not about the footer. There was also a

problem
with the footnotes (which went away when I pasted the whole document into

blank one). It was the footnote problem that was the most important one
(making me lose almost a fourth of the page space). I only gain a little

more
space with the footer problem.
BTW, what does FWIW stand for? (Sorry, english's not my native tongue)

FWIW, was this entire thread about your footer rather than footnotes, or
were the footer problems causing an apparent problem with the footnotes?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Pistaccio" wrote in message
I didn't know documents can get corrupted. The article you mention was
very
interesting (though scary because it means my document can get

corrupted
again).
Thanks for letting me know about this.

To reply to your question:
What kind of spaces are you referring to? How did you manage to

delete
them?

I clicked on "view header and footer", then I clicked inside the

footer
area, I used the arrows to go to the bottom of the area and then I

used
the
delete button to erase a few lines. (I don't know how those "lines"

got
there, maybe because of the corruption, because I had never typed them

in
myself).

Old July 4th 07, 05:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BINA

Default How do I decrease the size of the footnote area in Word?

Hi Tracey L.

I want to thank you for your advice. It was so helpful to me! I have been
struggling with this problem for years now and every time I had a big project
to hand in at University, I was anxious if this problem would arise again.
Thank you very much - you saved my day!

/Bina

"Tracey L" wrote:

I had the same problem with blank lines above the footnote. Cured it by:
Click Normal on the View menu. Click ViewFootnotes. In the Footnote
pane, click "Footnote Separator". Then pressing 'Reset'

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

FWIW = for what it's worth

Old July 10th 07, 10:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
João

Guys, Thank you! It was quite helpful.
Another thing isto check also the spaces or paragraph marks in the footnote
continuation separator and notification.
Once I removed the additional space (in the footnotes pane in Normal view)
it was magicaly solved!
Thanks!

"Tracey L" wrote:

I had the same problem with blank lines above the footnote. Cured it by:
Click Normal on the View menu. Click ViewFootnotes. In the Footnote
pane, click "Footnote Separator". Then pressing 'Reset'

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

FWIW = for what it's worth