Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Woody114 Woody114 is offline

Default Word slow after April 2009 patch

I installed the April 2009 patch on April 22. After installation, MS Word XP
(2002) runs slowly. The program opens slowly. Documents open and save
slowly. I did a system restore to back before the patch installation and
Word runs properly What should I do.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Not sure what went wrong with the installation, but since everything is OK
after a system restore, one possibility is to do nothing at all, leaving
things the way they are.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Woody114" wrote:

I installed the April 2009 patch on April 22. After installation, MS Word XP
(2002) runs slowly. The program opens slowly. Documents open and save
slowly. I did a system restore to back before the patch installation and
Word runs properly What should I do.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Woody114 Woody114 is offline

After a few days I reinstalled the April patches and this time they did not
affect Word, so all is well. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Woody.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill from Bowie Bill from Bowie is offline

I also have this problem but your solutions did not work. I have discovered
that this problem with the April patches has also affected other computers.
What is the correct fix for this?