A. Siddiqi

Default section breaks, orientation and margins

I have exactly the same problem as Michel. Have ALREADY tried whatever was
offered by others in thread, Nothing works. The last Landscape page just
wont go away. Deleting the section break, automatically changes the previous
portrait section to landscpae. Attempts to change it back to portrait are
met with error message Michel mentioned. Can somebidy help??? PLease??

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In such cases, however, it's easier to use Insert | File to insert the old
document into a fresh document based on the template containing the styles,
especially if the new document format includes different margins,
header/footer, etc.

"Michel Offringa" wrote in message
I looked to the 'Working with sections' part but there was no helpfull

information for me (or is there ?).
Please also look at all of my previous messages in this thread.

--
Greetings and thanks
Michel

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Michel Offringa" wrote in
message ...
If i copy a portrait oriented section break (next page) from another

part
of the report to the end the pages i want changed from landscape to

portrait
are changed. But.....an extra (landscape oriented) page is added which i
dont want.

Copying a continuous section break doesnt work either.

Can someone please help me ???
--
Greetings and thanks
Michel

"Michel Offringa" wrote:

I am creating the fourth section with Insert/Break/Section-Next

Page.
I get the error message when i try to change the orientation from
Landscape to Portrait (even after changing the right margins etc.).
I use Word 2002 SP-2.

--
Greetings and thanks
Michel

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

Bonjour,

Dans son message, Michel Offringa écrivait :
In this message, Michel Offringa wrote:

|| Hello,
|| I hope anyone can help me.
|| I am working on a report whcih has 3 sections. The first

without a
header
(front page). The
|| second has a header and is portrait oriented.
|| The third section has a header (different from the second) and

is
landscape oriented.
|| Now i want to add a fourth section at the end of the document

with
the
same header as the third
|| section but portrait oriented. When i try to do that i get an

error
that
some of the margins
|| etc. are too large for the page. I cannot find a way to solve

this
problem.

How are you creating the fourth section and at which point during

that
creation process do you get the error message? What Word version?
--
Salut!
_______________________________________

What happens if you change the last, Landscape section to Portrait before
deleting the section break? Also, have you gone to Format | Columns and
clicked on the One button?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In such cases, however, it's easier to use Insert | File to insert the

old
document into a fresh document based on the template containing the

styles,
especially if the new document format includes different margins,
header/footer, etc.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

Bonjour,

Dans son message, Michel Offringa écrivait :
In this message, Michel Offringa wrote:

|| Hello,
|| I hope anyone can help me.
|| I am working on a report whcih has 3 sections. The first

without a
header
(front page). The
|| second has a header and is portrait oriented.
|| The third section has a header (different from the second)

and
is
landscape oriented.
|| Now i want to add a fourth section at the end of the

document
with
the
same header as the third
|| section but portrait oriented. When i try to do that i get

an
error
that
some of the margins
|| etc. are too large for the page. I cannot find a way to

solve
this
problem.

How are you creating the fourth section and at which point

during
that
creation process do you get the error message? What Word

version?
--
Salut!
_______________________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil - Word MVP
ISTOO
Word MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mamatoots

I am not working with sections....just a new word document. When I try to
change the orientation from Landscape to Portrait, I get messge"Increasing
right margin causes las column to become too narrow in some sections having
unevenly spaced columns....."

I have tried everything suggested here and I am still at a loss. Changing
margins doesn't work. Every document I open and created is in landscape. I
NEED PORTRAIT. What do I do? Please Help me.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

Bonjour,

Dans son message, Michel Offringa écrivait :
In this message, Michel Offringa wrote:

|| Hello,
|| I hope anyone can help me.
|| I am working on a report whcih has 3 sections. The first
without a
header
(front page). The
|| second has a header and is portrait oriented.
|| The third section has a header (different from the second)

and
is
landscape oriented.
|| Now i want to add a fourth section at the end of the

document
with
the
same header as the third
|| section but portrait oriented. When i try to do that i get

an
error
that
some of the margins
|| etc. are too large for the page. I cannot find a way to

solve
this
problem.

How are you creating the fourth section and at which point

during
that
creation process do you get the error message? What Word

version?
--
Salut!
_______________________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil - Word MVP
ISTOO
Word MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mamatoots

Is this a glitch of Word 2003 and is there a Patch or some kind of "fix".
Thanks again, Mamatoots

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

Bonjour,

Dans son message, Michel Offringa écrivait :
In this message, Michel Offringa wrote:

|| Hello,
|| I hope anyone can help me.
|| I am working on a report whcih has 3 sections. The first
without a
header
(front page). The
|| second has a header and is portrait oriented.
|| The third section has a header (different from the second)

and
is
landscape oriented.
|| Now i want to add a fourth section at the end of the

document
with
the
same header as the third
|| section but portrait oriented. When i try to do that i get

an
error
that
some of the margins
|| etc. are too large for the page. I cannot find a way to

solve
this
problem.

How are you creating the fourth section and at which point

during
that
creation process do you get the error message? What Word

version?
--
Salut!
_______________________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil - Word MVP
ISTOO
Word MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In that case, go to Format | Columns and click on the preset labeled One
(this is different from just selecting 1 as the number of columns). If that
corrects the issue in the present document, then you will need to make the
same change in Normal.dot (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm).

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

Bonjour,

Dans son message, Michel Offringa écrivait :
In this message, Michel Offringa wrote:

|| Hello,
|| I hope anyone can help me.
|| I am working on a report whcih has 3 sections. The

first
without a
header
(front page). The
|| second has a header and is portrait oriented.
|| The third section has a header (different from the

second)
and
is
landscape oriented.
|| Now i want to add a fourth section at the end of the

document
with
the
same header as the third
|| section but portrait oriented. When i try to do that i

get
an
error
that
some of the margins
|| etc. are too large for the page. I cannot find a way to

solve
this
problem.

How are you creating the fourth section and at which point

during
that
creation process do you get the error message? What Word

version?
--
Salut!
_______________________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil - Word MVP
ISTOO
Word MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mamatoots

The Format/columns worked and am able to work now. Thank you. I did try to
follow the directions regarding Normal.dot but was unable to do so.....found
no files for normal.dot. Found a normal.bin and normal.fmt. Not very
experienced with computers and just quit....I know, you can't hurt
it...believe me when I say I can tear up a ball bearing! I have windows XP
and Word 2003-if you could "walk" me thru it, I'd be eternally grateful. B

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

Bonjour,

Dans son message, Michel Offringa écrivait :
In this message, Michel Offringa wrote:

|| Hello,
|| I hope anyone can help me.
|| I am working on a report whcih has 3 sections. The

first
without a
header
(front page). The
|| second has a header and is portrait oriented.
|| The third section has a header (different from the

second)
and
is
landscape oriented.
|| Now i want to add a fourth section at the end of the
document
with
the
same header as the third
|| section but portrait oriented. When i try to do that i

get
an
error
that
some of the margins
|| etc. are too large for the page. I cannot find a way to
solve
this
problem.

How are you creating the fourth section and at which point
during
that
creation process do you get the error message? What Word
version?
--
Salut!
_______________________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil - Word MVP
ISTOO
Word MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The referenced article will walk you through finding and editing Normal.dot.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to