ShaneS

Default Merging pictures - maybe one for Graham?

Hello all.
I am having problems saving a document with an INCLUDEPICTURE mergefield. I
have typed the following:

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "C:\\Pics\\{ MERGEFIELD "Firstname" } { MERGEFIELD
"Lastname" }.jpg" }

The document merges fine to a new document and the pictures all show as they
should. But when I save the original document, the code changes to:

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "../../../Pics/Aleesha%20McDonald.JPG" \* MERGEFORMATINET }

If merging again, all the pictures come up showing Aleesha McDonald (the
first name in the Excel database. In am using Office XP. Why would this
happen? Are you not able to save an INCLUDEPICTURE function which includes a
MERGEFIELD code?

Please help!

Thanks,
Shane.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U2hhbmVT?=,

I am having problems saving a document with an INCLUDEPICTURE mergefield. I
have typed the following:

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "C:\\Pics\\{ MERGEFIELD "Firstname" } { MERGEFIELD
"Lastname" }.jpg" }

The document merges fine to a new document and the pictures all show as they
should. But when I save the original document, the code changes to:

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "../../../Pics/Aleesha%20McDonald.JPG" \* MERGEFORMATINET }

In Tools/Options/General/Web options/Files deactivate the checkbox next to
"update links on save" (or similar). That's what's causing the abomination.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)