Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
stephencasey stephencasey is offline

Default How do I change the outline views background color on word 2007?

How do I change the outline views background color on word 2007?

I work almost exclusively in outline view in Word 2003. In the Live demo I
couldn't see how to maintan a blue, brown etc background while working in
outline view. Is there a way?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

That was one of the features that Microsoft left out of Word 2007. Sorry.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"stephencasey" wrote in message
How do I change the outline views background color on word 2007?

I work almost exclusively in outline view in Word 2003. In the Live demo I
couldn't see how to maintan a blue, brown etc background while working in
outline view. Is there a way?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
stephencasey stephencasey is offline

Default How do I change the outline views background color on word 200

Thank you for the clear response Dawn.

It is obvious to me that I will now not be buying Word or Office 2007 for a
few years until they do include it, if ever. Take care.

"Dawn Crosier, Word MVP" wrote:

That was one of the features that Microsoft left out of Word 2007. Sorry.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP
"Education Lasts a Lifetime"

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"stephencasey" wrote in message
How do I change the outline views background color on word 2007?

I work almost exclusively in outline view in Word 2003. In the Live demo I
couldn't see how to maintan a blue, brown etc background while working in
outline view. Is there a way?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
stephencasey stephencasey is offline

Hello Suzanne,

Yes I am aware of changing system wide display settings. Indeed I just toyed
about in them again just now. But on text windows as this dialog box I am
typing into it still comes back white. Even after adjusting all the
Appearance options. Now as I type I have the mid brightness color of teal
over white.

I feel the option to maintain whatever color background while viewing an
outline document is very important. Or a work around that only effects word
is in order.

Is it possible to have an image (plain dark blue jpg) background while in
outline and normal mode in Word 2007?