Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cherry Cherry is offline

Default move pages within a word doc without cutting & pasting

I have a 35 pg word document and I want to alphabetize the pages by the
heading on the top of each page. Can I rearrange the pages without cutting
and pasting each page?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If the headings have an Outline Level other than "Body text" specified,
either because they are formatted in an appropriate style (such as one
of the built-in heading styles) or because you applied an outline level
via Format | Paragraph, Indents and Spacing tab, you can use Outline
view to move them around (together with their subordinate paragraphs).
See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/UsingOLView.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cherry" wrote in message
I have a 35 pg word document and I want to alphabetize the pages by
the
heading on the top of each page. Can I rearrange the pages without
cutting and pasting each page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Cherry,

Basically, no. You could perhaps automate the process with a macro, so that you wouldn't be doing it manually, but the actual
process would remain much the same.

Cheers
--
macropod