Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
steve_ben steve_ben is offline

Default Carriage Return

Any time i hit a CR i am getting a line feed also. So when I enter an
address, it appears double spaced on the document.

Have I changed a setting and if so where to change it back
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sol sol is offline

You must be using Word 2007. No you have not changed a setting. For some
reason, Microsoft felt that this should be the default setting.

To prevent this from happening on this document only, select the Home tab
and look for the Styles group. Select Normal.

To prevent this from happening on all documents you open up, after you have
selected the Normal Style on this document, select the Office Button, go to
"Word Options" and select "Advanced" from the left task pane. The last item
in Editing Options is "Default Paragraph style. Make sure that Normal
appears in the text box. If it does not, use the drop down arrow and select
it.