Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Save As WordPerfect File

That does sound like the best solution!

"Thomas M." wrote in message
Sorry that I did not get back to you sooner. I reviewed the information

in
the links that you posted, plus a few other articles that I found through
your links, and decided that doing the file conversion thing was not a

good
idea. So we ended up doing the arm-twisting thing and made them *prove*
that they had valid licenses for WordPerfect, and then we just installed

it
for them.

--Tom

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The conversion filters for saving *to* WordPerfect format were removed

for
security reasons, but I believe they are still available for download

(at
your own risk, of course) at http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm. Now

it's
time to get to work on the courts; you might point them to
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Wo...Converters.htm

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Thomas M." wrote in message
Word 2003

I support some attorneys that use Word 2003 and need to submit

documents
the courts in WordPerfect format. Previously, they had both Word and
WordPerfect installed. However, we recently yanked WordPerfect off the
machines because it was discovered that a previous Network

Administrator
installed an illegal copy of the program on those computers. Now the
attorneys refuse to buy the proper licenses for WordPerfect because,

"We've
had it for several years and I'm sure it's legal and you shouldn't have
taken it away from us in the first place." So we're at something of an
impasse. We can't install WordPerfect on those machine because they

have
failed to produce an ITPR or any licenses showing that they have

previously
purchased the software legally, and they refuse to buy the software

now,
but
at the same time they have a requirement to submit documents to the
courts
in WordPerfect format. Now, a reasonable person would think that the
requirement to submit documents to the courts in WordPerfect format

would
make it well worth the cost of buying 10 or so WordPerfect licenses,

but
NOOOOOOO...

Anyway, what I am trying to do now is set it up so that they can edit
WordPerfect files in Word, and then save them as WordPerfect files.

The
WordPerfect file converters are installed and Word will open the

WordPerfect
files without any problems. In fact, in the Files of Type drop-down

box
in
the Open dialog box, the WordPerfect 5.x and 6.x options are available

the user. But when the user does a File Save As the Save As Type
drop-down box does not contain a WordPerfect option. How can we get

Word
save files in the WordPerfect 5.x or 6.x formats?

--Tom