Tinkerbell

Default yet another password problem

hi.
so i thought it would be great to use a password on a word
document...but...you guessed it...i have since completely forgotten it.
I have read just about every previous entry on this subject in this
newsgroup, but the answers really aren't much help. I can't do the 'read
only' thing (cant you tell i'm so computer literate!) where you open up a new
document and 'insert' etc etc. I am a poor student who cant afford to
download programmes to crack it for me. And frankly even if i did have the
money to do so, i wouldnt - i value my computer and dont really trust
downloading anything so dodgy on it.
So...in this day and age, with all these computer hackers about i am
convinced that there must be some way that i can access this document myself.
I'm not abdicating anything illegal...but i'm fed up of going through my
dictionary trying every single word...so if anyone can give me some
instructions that dont include the words 'download', 'money' or anything else
equally risky it would be much appreciated.
I'm not the only one who's been this silly...and i'm sure not everyone has
had to resort to the same thing.
Thankyou very much!! :-)
Graham Mayor

The document is encrypted. There is no backdoor. If you don't have the
password, you don't open the document.
If it was easy there would be no point in having the password protection in
the first place. Try hypnosis!

Tinkerbell wrote:
[...]

Tinkerbell

fabulous...thankyou very much all the same Mr Mayor, you're reply was
appreciated.

So as it looks like i'm going to have to give some money away...does anyone
have any idea of a programme to crack my password that will ACTUALLY
works...from a company that WONT steal money from the details that i give
them. Or is this too much to ask? Or has anyone any ideas on how to safeguard
myself when buying from an untrustworthy source?

or any good hypnotists?!!

Tinkerbell wrote:
[...]

Graham Mayor

There's an application linked from the favourites page of my web site that
works - eventually. Use it at your own risk. Note that long complex
passwords can take a *seriously* long time to process.