DiMatson

Default How do I turn back on my fonts and letter sizing features?

Something happened in Word, so that.....
I highlight the text I want to change,
I select the font I want in the drop down box,
and NOTHING HAPPENS.
The text doesn't change.
The same is true when I try to resize my text.

When my curser is blinking in the "changed font" text, the correct font
shows up in the drop-down box.
But not on the screen, and not when I print.

However, both font and resizing features work when I create a header or
footer.
Help!
Pat Garard

G'Day Di,

I'll have to guess:-
You are using Normal View AND
You have selected Draft Font.

1. ToolsOptionsView (Tab)
At the very bottom Left corner UNCHECK the box
(Draft
font

2. (optional) ViewPrint Layout
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"DiMatson" wrote in message
Something happened in Word, so that.....
I highlight the text I want to change,
I select the font I want in the drop down box,
and NOTHING HAPPENS.
The text doesn't change.
The same is true when I try to resize my text.

When my curser is blinking in the "changed font" text, the correct font
shows up in the drop-down box.
But not on the screen, and not when I print.

However, both font and resizing features work when I create a header or
footer.
Help!

DiMatson

Thanks Pat!
MAGIC!
(How on earth that darn little box got checked in the first place is a
mystery, but am SO grateful for an end to my nightmare.)

You're an angel!
Diane

"DiMatson" wrote in message
Something happened in Word, so that.....
I highlight the text I want to change,
I select the font I want in the drop down box,
and NOTHING HAPPENS.
The text doesn't change.
The same is true when I try to resize my text.

When my curser is blinking in the "changed font" text, the correct font
shows up in the drop-down box.
But not on the screen, and not when I print.

However, both font and resizing features work when I create a header or
footer.
Help!

Pat Garard

You are most Welcome!