Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] michael_fett@hotmail.com is offline

Default Word 2007 - Compare Documents

The secretary's at our office are having trouble with Word 2007 and the
Compare documents feature. They tell me in Word 2003 they were able to
compare the documents and print a revised document that had all the changes
highlighted in Red. They cannot figure out how to do it. Anyone out there
done this before and know how to get it to work? Any help would be great.
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Michael,

The features of the Word 2003 compare documents (legal blackline) are still in Word 2007, plus some fine tuning choices that were
not in the previous version.

A primary difference is that with the Word 2007 feature, it works with files from disk rather than what you have open on the screen
(although one of the documents from disk can be the same as one you have open currently).

On the ribbon start with
Review=Compare
and choose either the Compare or Combine choice. Either one allows, at the bottom of the dialog, in the 'Show changes' area the
ability to create a new document with the changes highlighted.

Using the first choice Review=Compare=Compare also gives the option to see on screen the original, revised and compared (results)
new document.

===============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] michael_fett@hotmail.com is offline

After lots of trial an error, we are still having problems. I finally get
everything the way they want it. All the changes listed on the left.
Combined document in the middle showing additions in red & deleted items in
red with a strike through. Original and Revisid on the right. Looks great,
even print preview, looks good. But it does NOT print that way. Sometimes
it works, sometimes it doesn't. I watched them do it. Hit the print button
once, doesn't work, hit it again (No changes) and it works. I cannot figure
out for the life of me whats going on. Any ideas?