Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Maurice N ~ MVP Maurice N  ~ MVP is offline

Default Help an old lady

[Cross-posting to word.newusers]

Hello Jackie,

Here are some general references for MS Word:
You will find Word FAQ at this site, as well as other topics for MS Word
http://www.mvps.org/word/index.html

See also Office related newsgroups links
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm.../default.mspx?
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...&lang=en&cr=US

--
Maurice Naggar
MS-MVP

wrote in message ...
Hi,

My 80 year old mother lives 330 miles away, she is pretty smart but
when stuff goes wrong with the computer it is a major hassle.

This time the File and Edit menus have disappeared in Word. How can
that happen? I didn't believe her when she told me but now she has
sent me a screen shot and sure enough there is a little vertical line
where the menus should be.

I've placed the screen shot here so you can see yourself.

http://www.users.waitrose.com/~zeonozo/word.jpg

Any suggestions would be very gratefully received.

Regards
Jackie