Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
vic

Default can't open file I emailed myself with bad extension

I can't open several chapters of my dissertation, this is a
crisis.

I was working on a Mac, OS X. Don't know which version of
Word, but recent. I am at home with my PC, Windows XP.

I sent myself, then deleted, several chapters that were
named like this:

myname.chapter7.final

Now I have a bunch of attachments that I can't open. They
give me gibberish. I went in and added the extension ".doc"
but it doesn't make any difference, still garbage.

A few files I sent, such as titlepage.doc, I can open with
no problem.

Is there anything I can do to open these?