Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Avi Avi is offline

Default Page display order of two-page Print Layout view in Word XP

Hi,

I'm using the "Print Layout" view with my new widescreen monitor which gives
Word enough space to put two pages on the screen at the same time, when I
choose an appropriate zoom. However, for some reason it's deciding to put the
first page of my document on the right hand side of the screen and the second
page of the document to the left of it. Graphically it looks like this on the
screen: [ 2 1 ].

Is there a way to have Word display the first page on the right and the
second page on the left (ie. [ 1 2 ])? I think this is more natural for
English documents, but I've looked around and couldn't find a setting for
this anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Avi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Am I correct in guessing from your name that you also type in Hebrew?
Be sure that all the settings are switched to Left-to-Right before
entering Print Layout.

But note that if you want your layouts to appear as they will in the
printed book, you'll need to put a page break before the first
paragraph so that Word is forced to add a blank left-hand page before
the real p. 1.