Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Default Text Formatted as French

I'm convinced that my computer is possessed.

For the last few months, I've had a random error occurring sporadically.
I'll open a document and it will have passages of text tracked as having been
changed, and they'll say "Formatted: French (France)." I'm listed as the
person who performed the formatting, and the date stamp on the change is
usually when I opened the document.

Since all my documents are in English, I've never (intentionally) formatted
anything as French. Of course, it's easy enough to either reject the format
change or re-format the text as English, but it's a nuisance, and it leaves
passages tracked as having been changed when they have not been changed. In
addition, I can "fix" the problem, but next time I open the same document,
different passages might be marked as French.

It does not affect all documents all the time. Only some documents some of
the time.

What's the easiest way to eliminate this random occurrence? I'm running
Office 2003 with Windows XP Professional (SP2).

Thanks for your help.

Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?SWRhaG8gV29yZCBNYW4=?=,

For the last few months, I've had a random error occurring sporadically.
I'll open a document and it will have passages of text tracked as having been
changed, and they'll say "Formatted: French (France)." I'm listed as the
person who performed the formatting, and the date stamp on the change is
usually when I opened the document.

What's the easiest way to eliminate this random occurrence? I'm running
Office 2003 with Windows XP Professional (SP2).

Check the setting of Tools/Language/Set Language: Detect language automatically.

If it's activated, turn it off.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Thanks. I'll try that. Since this is a sporadic problem, it'll be a while
before I can assume it worked.

Fred

Hi ?B?SWRhaG8gV29yZCBNYW4=?=,