Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John C. Harris John C. Harris is offline

Default AV running on start up of WORD

AV runs everytime I start WORD. IS there a way to disable this. I have seen
mention of Norton casuing this, but I am using MS Live OneCare and the beta
of Word 2007. Cannot fiund settings for this anywhere? Anyone have an idea?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

On the Developer tab, click the Document Template command and see if
you have global templates/add-ins. If there are any with a *.wll
extension then this will also cause the 'virus scan' message to appear
in the status bar. The only way to prevent the scan is to move the
*.wll file to another folder to prevent it from loading when Word
starts.

If you don't see the Developer tab in the ribbon, under the Microsoft
Office Button, click Word Options and in the Personalize settings turn
on "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"John C. Harris" wrote in message
AV runs everytime I start WORD. IS there a way to disable this. I
have seen mention of Norton casuing this, but I am using MS Live
OneCare and the beta of Word 2007. Cannot fiund settings for this
anywhere? Anyone have an idea?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JC HARRIS JC HARRIS is offline

Doug

I agree. I am running the same setup at home and at work, but not getting it
at the office. MAy have been a setting held over from a McAfee install that
was removed. Thanks for the help.

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I suspect that it is something other than Windows Live OneCare as I am using
that and Word 2007 and do not experience that behaviour. I suggest that you
follow the steps that Beth suggested, which reveal nothing in my case.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"John C. Harris" wrote in message
AV runs everytime I start WORD. IS there a way to disable this. I have
seen mention of Norton casuing this, but I am using MS Live OneCare and
the beta of Word 2007. Cannot fiund settings for this anywhere? Anyone
have an idea?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JC HARRIS JC HARRIS is offline

So everyone knows, it was as Beth said, but it looks like it came from
EndNote 7. I had uninstalled EndNote (since MS now has the reference tab)
and it works fine now.