Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ttse92 ttse92 is offline

Default Pasting pictures doesn't work!

Hi I am new to word, but when I copy and paste pictures into my word document
from webpages, what I get is a tag line, say.. if I copy the logo of windows
microsoft office into a document instead of getting a picture I get a blank
image with borders around it.
When I open documents with pictures in them I get the tag "{INCLUDEPICTURE
"http://office.microsoft.com/global/images/default.aspx?assetid=ZA100741741033"\*
MERGEFORMATINET}"; what do I do?! If I insert pictures from file I get the
same error message or a blank box.
Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

{INCLUDEPICTURE
"http://office.microsoft.com/global/images/default.aspx?assetid=ZA100741741033"\*
MERGEFORMATINET}
is not an error message but a link. You have a link inserted in your
document that calls an image on a web page.
ALT+F9 will toggle the on screen display, and you may have to press F9
whilst on line to update the image. You can then fix the image by selecting
and pressing CTRL+SHIFT+F9.
You would save yourself a lot of grief if instead of copying and pasting
from the imternet, ytou would right click the web image and select 'save as'
then insert the saved image into your document.
See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/drwgrphcs/...legraphics.htm

ttse92 wrote:
Hi I am new to word, but when I copy and paste pictures into my word
document from webpages, what I get is a tag line, say.. if I copy the
logo of windows microsoft office into a document instead of getting a
picture I get a blank image with borders around it.
When I open documents with pictures in them I get the tag
"{INCLUDEPICTURE
"http://office.microsoft.com/global/images/default.aspx?assetid=ZA100741741033"\*
MERGEFORMATINET}"; what do I do?! If I insert pictures from file I
get the same error message or a blank box.
Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ttse92 ttse92 is offline

ttse92 wrote:
Hi I am new to word, but when I copy and paste pictures into my word
document from webpages, what I get is a tag line, say.. if I copy the
logo of windows microsoft office into a document instead of getting a
picture I get a blank image with borders around it.
When I open documents with pictures in them I get the tag
"{INCLUDEPICTURE
"http://office.microsoft.com/global/images/default.aspx?assetid=ZA100741741033"\*
MERGEFORMATINET}"; what do I do?! If I insert pictures from file I
get the same error message or a blank box.
Thanks in advance!

Hi Graham,

I tried that but it still doesn't work, what I get is a blank image with
wrap points around it and when I select it turns into a blank image with
borders; inserting pictures from file does the same! What do I do!
-ttse92
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Uncheck 'Picture placeholders' in Word Options Advanced Show Document
Content (Word 2007) or Tools Options View (Earlier Word versions)

ttse92 wrote:
Hi I am new to word, but when I copy and paste pictures into my word
document from webpages, what I get is a tag line, say.. if I copy
the logo of windows microsoft office into a document instead of
getting a picture I get a blank image with borders around it.
When I open documents with pictures in them I get the tag
"{INCLUDEPICTURE
"http://office.microsoft.com/global/images/default.aspx?assetid=ZA100741741033"\*
MERGEFORMATINET}"; what do I do?! If I insert pictures from file I
get the same error message or a blank box.
Thanks in advance!

Hi Graham,

I tried that but it still doesn't work, what I get is a blank image
with wrap points around it and when I select it turns into a blank
image with borders; inserting pictures from file does the same! What
do I do! -ttse92

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ttse92 ttse92 is offline

ttse92 wrote:
Hi I am new to word, but when I copy and paste pictures into my word
document from webpages, what I get is a tag line, say.. if I copy
the logo of windows microsoft office into a document instead of
getting a picture I get a blank image with borders around it.
When I open documents with pictures in them I get the tag
"{INCLUDEPICTURE
"http://office.microsoft.com/global/images/default.aspx?assetid=ZA100741741033"\*
MERGEFORMATINET}"; what do I do?! If I insert pictures from file I
get the same error message or a blank box.
Thanks in advance!

Hi Graham,

I tried that but it still doesn't work, what I get is a blank image
with wrap points around it and when I select it turns into a blank
image with borders; inserting pictures from file does the same! What
do I do! -ttse92

Thanks Graham, it works! Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

ttse92 wrote:
"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Uncheck 'Picture placeholders' in Word Options Advanced Show
Document Content (Word 2007) or Tools Options View (Earlier Word
versions)

Thanks Graham, it works! Thank you!

But this was in the second paragraph of the link I posted earlier!?