seniorhelper

Default edit address book

Word 2003 Mail Merge Wizard helped me create an address book (.mdb). How can
I edit the content?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?c2VuaW9yaGVscGVy?=,

Word 2003 Mail Merge Wizard helped me create an address book (.mdb). How can
I edit the content?

The only way is to go through the MailMerge process again, linking in the
address book. Then you can edit the contents through the Recipients dialog box.

Theoretically, you could open it in Access and work with it in an Access
database. But if you do that you'll no longer be able to open it using the
tools in Word.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

seniorhelper

I'm sorry, "..through the Recipients dialog box" doesn't help because I can't
find such a function/option. How do I find it?

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?c2VuaW9yaGVscGVy?=,

Word 2003 Mail Merge Wizard helped me create an address book (.mdb). How can
I edit the content?

The only way is to go through the MailMerge process again, linking in the
address book. Then you can edit the contents through the Recipients dialog box.

Theoretically, you could open it in Access and work with it in an Access
database. But if you do that you'll no longer be able to open it using the
tools in Word.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?c2VuaW9yaGVscGVy?=,

I'm sorry, "..through the Recipients dialog box" doesn't help because I can't
find such a function/option. How do I find it?

Open an existing main merge document.

Tools/Letters and Mailings, display the Mail Merge Toolbar.

It's the third button from the left.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

seniorhelper

Cindy, I failed to clarify what I meant by "edit the address book" that was
created while using the Wizard. I want to be able to change or add addresses
in the Address Book (wmb). When I use the Recipient button, it won't allow
this.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?c2VuaW9yaGVscGVy?=,

I'm sorry, "..through the Recipients dialog box" doesn't help because I can't
find such a function/option. How do I find it?

Open an existing main merge document.

Tools/Letters and Mailings, display the Mail Merge Toolbar.

It's the third button from the left.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?c2VuaW9yaGVscGVy?=,

I failed to clarify what I meant by "edit the address book" that was
created while using the Wizard. I want to be able to change or add addresses
in the Address Book (wmb). When I use the Recipient button, it won't allow
this.

Once you're in the dialog box, there's a button to "Edit" the address book.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

seniorhelper

Cindy. some magic genie must have decided to help me. The last time I used
the Edit command it worked. Thanks for your patience.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?c2VuaW9yaGVscGVy?=,

I failed to clarify what I meant by "edit the address book" that was
created while using the Wizard. I want to be able to change or add addresses
in the Address Book (wmb). When I use the Recipient button, it won't allow
this.

Once you're in the dialog box, there's a button to "Edit" the address book.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?c2VuaW9yaGVscGVy?=,

some magic genie must have decided to help me. The last time I used
the Edit command it worked.

whewI'm glad :-) Yes, it's not the most stable and reliable
interface MS ever came up with. Personally, after trying it out, I'd
never use it. But I know what all the alternatives are...

Cindy Meister