Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Matthias Matthias is offline

Default How to insert a linked copy of a text into the same word document.

I'd like to have a linked copy of a text e.g. 'text1' at another place in the
same word document. And everytime I change the text, the copy of the text
should change as well.
Thanks a lot.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Bookmark the original text and then insert a cross-reference to that
bookmark at the "other" place. Bookmarks make use of REF fields, which
update as you print or print preview. You can force an update of REF
and other fields at any time by selecting the whole document and
pressing F9.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Matthias" wrote in message
I'd like to have a linked copy of a text e.g. 'text1' at another

place in the
same word document. And everytime I change the text, the copy of the

text
should change as well.
Thanks a lot.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Referenced fields do not update automatically. You have to update them
manually - the macro code at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm will
do that simply.

One ploy that you might consider is to copy the text to the clipboard then
edit paste special as a link. Changes in linked text are updated
automatically.

Whether this will work for you rather depends on what you are doing.

The 'Text1' suggests that this might be a form? If it is a form then you can
use a Ref field with the aforementioned macro run on exit from the field (if
the REF field is in a header/footer) otherwise simply check the calculate on
exit check box of Text1 form field.

Matthias wrote:
I'd like to have a linked copy of a text e.g. 'text1' at another
place in the same word document. And everytime I change the text, the
copy of the text should change as well.
Thanks a lot.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Bookmark the original text and then insert a cross-reference to that
bookmark at the "other" place. Bookmarks make use of REF fields,

which

Correction: *Cross-references* make use of bookmarks.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
How to reformat a complete document. wanda Microsoft Word Help 16 February 11th 06 11:43 PM