phdicole

Default Typing line jumps to next page and back

There's some feature turned on on which causes my typing line to jump back
and forth between pages. I might be two-thirds down the page and the cursor
moves the line to the beginning of the next page so there's considerable
space between the line on the above page and the top of the next one. Then
typing where it jumped to it moves the line back to the previous page. I
can't seem to find what the problem is. Any help appreciated. Tks.
Diana

Hello,

I can think of two possibilities offhand...

Its possible your margins may be off. To check this, click on File Page
Setup the first tab is margins.
The standard is 1" margins on all sids (top, bottom, left and right). You
might also check the gutter, header and footer. My settings are gutter (0),
header & footer at (.5).

Another possibility is section or page breaks. To see if these are active,
click on the icon that looks like a paragraph symbol.

~Diana