Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
momma momma is offline

Default Inputting section breaks in a policy manual

I had to re-do a policy and procudures manual due to company changed names. I
have it all with the page breaks but I need to do the table of contents and
it is listed in sections. For instance section 1 is administrative. When I go
to page number it numbers all the manual but each section has to start with
page 1. I don't know how to section it and then number it correctly.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

If I read your question correctly, this may help.
Are you using Page Breaks between sections only, or for every page (i.e.
pagination)?
Best to use formatting functions such as Keep lines together, Keep with
next, and Page Break Before to control your pagination instead of Page Breaks.
To get Page Numbering starting at 1 for each section, i.e. "Section 1
Administrative", and "Section 2 Corruption", this is best handled by using
Section Break "Next Page" (from the Insert, Break dialog) at the point of
section change and then format the page number in the Footer (or Header) to
Start at 1 not Continue from previous section.
Once this is done for the whole document, you should be able to refresh the
TOC and all should be well.

This is for 2003 and prior, maybe different for 2007.
Hope this helps.
DeanH