V-ger

Default File name and path not appearing in title bar

How can I make the full file path and name appear in the title bar when I
open a document? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
garfield-n-odie

One way is to click on Tools | Macro | Macros, add the following
line to your AutoOpen macro:

ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName

Another way is to click on Tools | Customize | Commands |
Categories: Web | Commands: Address. Drag the Address command to
your toolbar area. Click on Close. If you are prompted to save
changes to your Normal.dot global template when you exit Word,
say yes. Obviously, this method puts the path in the toolbar
area, not in the title bar at the top of the screen.

V-ger wrote:

How can I make the full file path and name appear in the title bar when I
open a document? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

V-ger

G-n-O, Question, I don't already have an existing "Auto Open" macro, but I
would like to make the path show right on the address bar at the top. How do
I create one, or can you send me the content and I can cut and paste to
create a new one? (Word 2003, WinXP). Thank you.

V-ger wrote:

How can I make the full file path and name appear in the title bar when I
open a document? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

garfield-n-odie

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm . The code is:

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
End Sub