Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LSabuco

Default Display the full file loction path in the title bar in MS Office

I need to know how to display the entire file path of the open document in MS
Word and MS Excel in the title bar. Right now just the document name
appears. I need to know where the document is located either on my own drive
or on our File Server.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Don't know how to put it in the title bar but you can put it in your header.

View Header | Footer

Insert | Field

File Name

Check Include File Path

I hope this is helpful to you.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"LSabuco" wrote:

I need to know how to display the entire file path of the open document in MS
Word and MS Excel in the title bar. Right now just the document name
appears. I need to know where the document is located either on my own drive
or on our File Server.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Display the Web toolbar. Hold down the Ctrl and Alt keys while you
drag a copy of the address box from the Web toolbar and drop it on the
menu bar, just to the right of the Help menu. It will always show the
full path of the current document. This works in both Word and Excel.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:29:02 -0700, LSabuco
wrote:

I need to know how to display the entire file path of the open document in MS
Word and MS Excel in the title bar. Right now just the document name
appears. I need to know where the document is located either on my own drive
or on our File Server.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

For Word at least, add the line -
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
to an AutoOpen macro in normal.dot