Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
AJ[_3_] AJ[_3_] is offline

Default Label Merge Spacing

I am trying to do a mail merge for labels. I can't figure out why I am
getting extra spacing between the fields. Additional spacing (see below
example) between first & last name; street address & city; city, state & zip
code. I originally used this same list with a mail merge for a letter and
didn't encounter any spacing problems. I have tried doing the label merge on
a couple of different computers with different printers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kelli Knoblau
1 On 1 Fitness Studio

2224 E. 12th St.

Davenport

--
AJ
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you click on the Show/Hide button ¶, do you see something like

Kelli Knoblau
1 On 1 Fitness Studio¶

2224 E. 12th St.¶

Davenport

With a New Line symbol after Knoblau. If so, I would suspect that the
paragraphs on your label have the alignment set to Full Justification and
that they also have a space of (probably 12 pts) after them. If that is the
case, set the Paragraph Alignment to Left and the Space After to 0.

Alternatively, if you see

Kelli.........................Knoblau
1 On 1 Fitness Studio¶

2224 E. 12th St.¶

Davenport

Or, possibly the above with Tab symbol (arrow to the right) between Kelli
and Knoblau, remove all the spaces (.) but one or replace the tab with a
space between the first and last name, and remove the extra paragraph marks
(¶) between the lines.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.