Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Akxn Akxn is offline

Default Maximum fields to merge from Excell

Hello,
I use Office 2007 for 2 weeks now and and try to merge more than 255 fields
from a xlsx file in word (docx). Both are in new format (.xlsx and .docx) and
my xlsx file contains more than 255 cols. Is it possible to merge more than
the limit? Can I change something in the options or so?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

As far as I know the only way you can do this at present is to export the
data as a .csv file (and you may need to name it as a .txt file) and hope
that Word will read the file correctly.

I have mentioned this problem to MS people (more than once) but haven't
submitted a formal incident so hope that someone will do something about it
anyway. The trouble is that at the moment I suspect it will take a
considerable change to the ACE driver/provider (which is what would normally
get the data) to do it.

Peter Jamieosn