Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron S.

Default Remove paragraph style properties

My List style is based on the Default style. The language of the List
style is set to English, but I want it to be the same as the language
as the Default style, automatically.
How can I _remove_ the language setting in the List style?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Ron,

My List style is based on the Default style. The language of the List
style is set to English, but I want it to be the same as the language
as the Default style, automatically.
How can I _remove_ the language setting in the List style?

As I recall, there's no way to do this, once you've set the language
explicitly. You can TRY changing it to match the Default, but if the
default would change, that probably wouldn't work the way you imagine.

If this is Word 2003, you should be able to save as XML, then edit the
XML to remove that part of the style definition. Word 2000 or Word
2002, you can save as HTML and edit the style in the HTML. Other than
that, you'd have to recreate the style from scratch.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org