Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margaret Minker

Default Replacing text, instead of replacing, text inserts alongside word

I used to highlight text and then type in a word which would replace the
highlighted text. Something has changed in formatting, (I have kids) and now
when I highlight the word and type, the word is inserted alongside the
highlighted word. What would control that or cause that to happen?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Hi Margaret-

Take a look at ToolsOptionsEdit where you will most likely find that there
is no check in the box for Typing Replaces Selection. Restore the check, OK,
and all should be well again.

HTH |:)

"Margaret Minker" wrote:

I used to highlight text and then type in a word which would replace the
highlighted text. Something has changed in formatting, (I have kids) and now
when I highlight the word and type, the word is inserted alongside the
highlighted word. What would control that or cause that to happen?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margaret Minker

Default Replacing text, instead of replacing, text inserts alongside w

Hi Cyber Taz,

Thanks for your help! Have a nice weekend!

Margaret

"Margaret Minker" wrote:

I used to highlight text and then type in a word which would replace the
highlighted text. Something has changed in formatting, (I have kids) and now
when I highlight the word and type, the word is inserted alongside the
highlighted word. What would control that or cause that to happen?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margaret Minker

Thanks Suzanne,

It's nice to have this network of people. Have a great weekend!

Margaret