Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
smnelson smnelson is offline

Default My status bar is gone in Word 2007?

The actual status bar at the bottom of a 2007 Word document has disappeared.
Can anyone please tell me how to get it back? I have tried various
approaches to restoring the status bar but have been unsuccessful. Any help
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you maybe have a (wide) gray border where the status bar should be?
If so, right-click on it and turn on the features you want it to
display. (Don't ask me how they all got turned off!)

On Sep 1, 10:24*am, smnelson
wrote:
The actual status bar at the bottom of a 2007 Word document has disappeared. *
Can anyone please tell me how to get it back? *I have tried various
approaches to restoring the status bar but have been unsuccessful. *Any help
would be greatly appreciated. *Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I've noticed some add-ins do this. Click the Office Button, Word Options.
Then in the Add-ins list, what do you have enabled? Does disabling them
return your status bar?

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP