Silver Maddy

Default Why wont my files open in My Documents

I wanted to know why my files will not open in My Documents.
Graham Mayor

What is this supposed to mean? My Documents is a folder, not an application
and it is not supposed to open anything. Do you perhaps mean that Word
documents stored in the My Documents folder will not open in Word? If that
is the case, do you get an error message? If so what does it say? If this is
not what you mean, please clarify.

Silver Maddy wrote:
I wanted to know why my files will not open in My Documents.

Silver Maddy

Excuse my ignorance, yes that is what I meant, my Word documents will not
open in My Documents, they are there when I open them in My Computer. This
has happened in the last few days for no apparent reason. There isn't an
error message.

Silver Maddy wrote:
I wanted to know why my files will not open in My Documents.

Graham Mayor

Could you describe *exactly* what it is you are doing - all the steps - and
report any messages. If you try to open a document that doesn't exist you
will get an error message.

Silver Maddy wrote:
I wanted to know why my files will not open in My Documents.

If you have Windows 2000 or XP Pro, there is a My Documents folder for every
profile. If you are working in the wrong profile, you would not be able to
access the files stored in the My Documents folder of a different profile.
Perhaps that is the issue?

Silver Maddy wrote:
I wanted to know why my files will not open in My Documents.

Silver Maddy

Silver Maddy wrote:
I wanted to know why my files will not open in My Documents.

I have solved the problem, no further help needed. Your attitude toward less knowledgeable PC users needs improving.

Graham Mayor

Silver Maddy wrote:

I have solved the problem, no further help needed. Your attitude
toward less knowledgeable PC users needs improving.

Whatever your level of knowledge, I don't have a crystal ball and I cannot
see over your shoulder. Unless you tell us exactly what it is you are doing
it is very difficult to help you. My attitude has been merely to try and
extract some useful minformation, which has been like drawing teeth