Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
anne

Default entering data into a field is moving the whole document to the rig

I have a word document that is a form for others to complete. If I type too
many characters into a field it starts to move the whole document off the
screen to the right (I have tried setting the length which works on short
fields but if it is a field where they might type a few lines of text it
moves to the right and not necessarily to the next line in the cell)
Any ideas how to fix it?
thanks,
Anne
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Create a table (turn off its borders if desired) and click Table AutoFit
Fixed Column Width. Put each form field in a separate cell of the table.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

anne wrote:
I have a word document that is a form for others to complete. If I
type too many characters into a field it starts to move the whole
document off the screen to the right (I have tried setting the length
which works on short fields but if it is a field where they might
type a few lines of text it moves to the right and not necessarily to
the next line in the cell) Any ideas how to fix it?
thanks,
Anne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
anne

Default entering data into a field is moving the whole document to the

Hi Jay, thanks so much that was the answer. You know even in the word
template I tried it moves off the side of the page, so that was no help.