Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MAQ MAQ is offline

Default Microsoft Word Tables - Convertor Tool

We are in the process of replacing old pc builds from Windows 2000/Office 97
spec to new new pc builds Windows XP /Office 2003 spec. One of our user
departments uses a 'Convertor' tool called 'Convertall' to apply % increases
to a word document (table format - combination of text/monetary contents).
Using this software we can set up new % increases and apply them very
quickly/efficiently. (It is not specifically a currency convertor tool). We
need to source a replacement tool, as we can set up a new % increase on old
spec pc (windows 2000/office97)connected to network share where 'Convertall'
configuration files reside, and we can then install convertall software on
windows xp /office 2003 new client build and add in under tools/templates and
addins and add in under global templates and add-ins, but we cannot set up a
new % increase on new spec pc (windows xp / office2003). Is anybody aware of
any add in Microsoft provides or any third party addin which would provide us
with this functionality. The company who supplied 'Convertall' software has
ceased to operate, as we originally used the sofware for our Euro compliancy
project.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Many thanks.

Kind regards.

MAQ
--
MAQ
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

If it works in Office 97, there is no reason why it won't work in Office
2003 or Office 2008.

What happens when you try it?

In Office 2003, this kind of thing might be built as a "SmartTag". You can
do anything you like with them:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...s/default.aspx

However, making a SmartTag is basically a job for a professional developer.

I would need to get a better idea of how your documents are created before I
can advise you further. This may be as simple as inserting Excel
spreadsheets into the existing price tables.

Would you like to email me one of your documents so I know what you're
talking about?

Cheers

On 16/1/07 4:43 AM, in article
, "MAQ"
wrote:

[...]

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410