Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hank Hank is offline

Default Word 2007 File Modified Date wrong

I opened a couple Word files I had previously saved, looked at them in Word
2007 and closed them without changing anything or saving the file. In
Windows Explorer, the Modified Date changed to today's date. I need the
dates the way they were because I sort the files by the date last modified.
This never happened before. I just downloaded Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2
yesterday, but don't know how that should be a factor. I have Vista Home
Premium.