Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AHayn

Default clipboard

Is there anyway to retrieve information that was 'lost' from the clipboard
when Word was opened? I copied my entire text, and without saving it first
under another name, I cut it. I then opened the previous version of the
document and before thinking about it, copied a small section of the text.
Now, that is the only text listed on the clipboard. I worked really hard on
this 'lost' document. Can I get it back? p.s. I don't have admin. access to
change systems as this is my work computer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

If the original document that you cut the text from is still open, you
can click Undo to put it back. If you closed that document, I'm sorry,
but that text is gone permanently -- unless you had stored a backup
file somewhere.

It's a hard way to learn a lesson, but in the future, never cut more
than a few words. Use "copy" instead, paste it where you want it, and
then go back and delete the original.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman