Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dan Dan is offline

Default Is there a difference between print preview and print layout?

When I create a Word document using print layout, and then view multiple
pages at once using print preview, the layout of the document slightly
differs. Should this be the case and more importantly, how do I synchronise
the two? In essence, I would like to avoid divergence and know what I am
working on and how I structure documents is what ends up being printed.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Print Layout view shows you (more or less) what you want to print; Print
Preview shows you (almost always) what actually will print. If the document
contains Hidden text (including TC and XE fields) and they are displayed in
Print Layout view, then naturally Print Preview will show something
different.

"Dan" wrote in message
When I create a Word document using print layout, and then view multiple
pages at once using print preview, the layout of the document slightly
differs. Should this be the case and more importantly, how do I

synchronise
the two? In essence, I would like to avoid divergence and know what I am
working on and how I structure documents is what ends up being printed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 09:50:01 -0700, Dan
wrote:

When I create a Word document using print layout, and then view multiple
pages at once using print preview, the layout of the document slightly
differs. Should this be the case and more importantly, how do I synchronise
the two? In essence, I would like to avoid divergence and know what I am
working on and how I structure documents is what ends up being printed.

The Print Layout view can differ from the Print Preview, although in
my experience they're usually the same or only slightly different. In
cases of disagreement, the Print Preview is the one that shows what
will be on the paper.

As far as I know, there isn't anything you can do to force them to be
the same. They use different code to produce their displays.

For final touchups, you can edit the text directly in the Print
Preview. Click the Magnifier button on the toolbar to turn it off. I
wouldn't use this for extensive editing.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman