Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thierry B Fortis Thierry B Fortis is offline

Default I can't e-mail a Word2007 doc. via Vista - how can I solve this?

I use a new computer with Vista and installed the Home and Student suite of
Office 2007.
When I want to send a e-mail via Windows Mail, it is impossible to enclose a
Word 2007 (I did not check if Excel or Powerpoint 2007 show the same problem.)
E-mailing works correctly otherwise : I can e-mail Microsoft Works documents
correctly, for instance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have no problem inserting Word document attachments when emailing using
Windows Mail. Can you describe exactly what steps you're doing so we can
follow along and possibly replicate your problem?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Thierry B Fortis" Thierry B wrote in
message ...
I use a new computer with Vista and installed the Home and Student suite of
Office 2007.
When I want to send a e-mail via Windows Mail, it is impossible to enclose
Word 2007 (I did not check if Excel or Powerpoint 2007 show the same
problem.)
E-mailing works correctly otherwise : I can e-mail Microsoft Works
documents
correctly, for instance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Russ Francis Russ Francis is offline

I have the same problem. I wonder if this is because I imported a PST file
from my old outlook 2000. And this has somehow messed up the default settings
for the application that handles E-mail from word when you try to send to. I
also have a HP Pavillion dv9000 running Vista. Interested to know if you've
made any progress

--
Russ

"Thierry B Fortis" wrote:

I use a new computer with Vista and installed the Home and Student suite of
Office 2007.
When I want to send a e-mail via Windows Mail, it is impossible to enclose a
Word 2007 (I did not check if Excel or Powerpoint 2007 show the same problem.)
E-mailing works correctly otherwise : I can e-mail Microsoft Works documents
correctly, for instance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rudolf Rudolf is offline

You can't but choose for an attachment in your e-mail. Unfortunately the H&S
edition of Office 2007 doesn't (yet, maybe once in a SP?) support a direct
link to the e-mailprogram except e-fax.
In case you've some spare time left, read this endless discussion:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...xp=&sloc=en-us