Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heather C.[_2_] Heather C.[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 will not allow me to delete a template - help, please.

This is the craziest thing! I have created numerous templates (in Word 2007)
--saved as a template and then with this files type: Word 97-2003 Template
(for users with older versions of Word).

In the process of learning how to create templates and so on, I created
many, many templates which were experimental so I am ready to delete them.

However, Word will not allow me to delete them from my computer. No matter
what I do when I try, up pops this dialogue box: "The action can't be
completed because the file is open in another program. Close the file and try
again."

Please be aware that the file is not open in ANY program. Even if I boot up
my computer having not opened any program and go to where the file is located
and right click to delete and so on...

I am completely lost as to why I cannot delete a file from my computer.
Everyone's help/input to clean up my computer of unwanted Word files, is
GREATLY appreciated.

Heather
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're using Preview view in the File Open dialog, Word will consider the
file "open." If you're using a thumbnail view in Vista (I think there's such
a thing?), the same could be true.

"Heather C." wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heather C.[_2_] Heather C.[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 will not allow me to delete a template - help, pleas

Thanks, Susan.

Yes, I am using Vista. I actually had to correct it in the Control Panel as
follows as follows:

You can make additional changes to the appearance and behavior of your files
and folders by using the advanced settings of Folder Options in Control
Panel. Here is an overview of the advanced settings that you can change:

Heather