Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rod

Default How do I attach documents to mail merge emails?

I want to mail a document to several different people using mail merge and I
need to add attachments before the mail merge process sends the email. How
do I do this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Rod" wrote in message
I want to mail a document to several different people using mail merge and
need to add attachments before the mail merge process sends the email.
How
do I do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gail Gail is offline

Hi Doug

Sorry to once again barge in, but I do not seem to be able to start a new
thread. I am still having problems with mail merge to e-mail with
attachments. This is what I'm doing ... perhaps you can let me know where I'm
going wrong:

I have my letter in word (Let 1) and my data source in excel (data 1)

In Word I have a new doc, I then mail merge €“ chose directory €“ used the
current doc €“ selected recipients €“ included attachments €“ executed the mail
merge to a new doc €“ saved it (gail1) and closed it.

I then. opened the letter I want to send out by email with the attachments,
mailmerge €“ email message €“ current doc €“ selected my data source (data 1) €“
included my address block and greeting line €“ preview email messaging €“
executed the mail merge to a new doc €“ made sure that Microsoft Office
Outlook 11.0 Object Library is selected €“ ran the macro (which I had copied
and pasted).

The following error message: €œCompile error: user-defined type not defined€
appears and the line €œDim oOutlookApp As Outlook.Application€ in the macro is
highlighted.

Please help.

--
GVP

"Rod" wrote in message
I want to mail a document to several different people using mail merge and
need to add attachments before the mail merge process sends the email.
How
do I do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I don't really know what is causing the reference to be ignored. It is the
first time that I have heard of it happening. In the References dialog in
the Visual Basic Editor, when the Microsoft Office Outlook 11.0 Object
Library is selected, what appears in the lower section of the dialog where
the location of the file is shown?

--

"Gail" wrote in message
[...]

The following error message: "Compile error: user-defined type not
defined"
appears and the line "Dim oOutlookApp As Outlook.Application" in the macro
is
highlighted.

Please help.

--